From Better Homes and Garden
Autumn party? Serve Scarecrow Cake, and let the kids help decorate it.
Prep Time: 35 min
Makes: 24 servings
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix (any flavor)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
1 tablespoon chocolate-flavored syrup
1 box (4 oz) waffle ice cream bowls (10 bowls)
1 box (4.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® chewy fruit snack rolls (6 rolls)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan.) Grease 12-cup fluted tube (bundt cake) pan with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pan.
2. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. Place cake on serving plate. Stir together frosting and syrup; reserve 1/4 cup of the frosting. Spread remaining frosting over cake. For straw hat, place 1 waffle bowl upside down in center of cake. Stack 5 more bowls on first bowl.
4. For hair, cut fruit snack into 14 (6-inch) strips and 14 (5-inch) strips. Cut each strip lengthwise to within 1 inch of top of strip. Place one 6-inch and 5-inch strip together, pressing together at uncut ends. Repeat with remaining strips. Randomly press pairs of strips on top of two-thirds of cake, overlapping as needed and allowing strips to hang over side of cake. Spread reserved 1/4 cup frosting over top of hair.
5. For brim of hat, break remaining waffle bowls into 5 or 6 pieces each. Randomly press waffle pieces on top of cake, overlapping and tucking pieces as needed. Allow waffle pieces to hang over side of cake and over fruit snack strips. Cut pieces of remaining fruit snack for eyes and nose; press on cake.