Some more ghostly recipes....
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
4 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating
20 candy-coated chocolate pieces, such as M&Ms
Red and black decorator gel icing
In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter and butter. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring until combined. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper. Let stand about 20 minutes or until dry. Melt candy coating over low heat or in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Dip balls, one at a time, into coating, letting excess drip off. Place on wax paper. While coating is soft, immediately press a colored candy piece into each ball. Let stand until coating is firm. (It will dry at room temperature. ) Using red gel, drizzle "veins" onto balls. Add a drop of black gel to center of colored candies to make "pupils." (If you vary the placement of the black gel, you can make the eyes "look" in different directions.)
Spooktacular Chocolate Cupcakes
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
* 3/4 cup water
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING(recipe follows)
* Assorted candies(optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl. Add shortening, buttermilk, water, eggs and vanilla. Beat on low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
3. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING; place into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Insert tip into center of cupcakes; pipe filling into cake. Remove tip from cake; garnish top with swirl of filling. Decorate with candies, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cupcakes. About 3 dozen cupcakes.
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING
2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in large bowl until blended. Add milk and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary, until desired consistency. About 2-3/4 cups filling.
12 oval sandwich cookies
1 (.68-ounce) tube red or black writing gel
6 black licorice twists
12 unfrosted cupcakes, homemade or purchased
1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
12 candy pumpkins (similar to candy corn)
1. For tombstones: Cut 1/3 off each cookie; pipe "RIP" (Rest in Peace) on large pieces with writing gel; set aside.
2. For trees: Cut each licorice twist in half crosswise. Starting at cut end, cut 6 to 8 "branches" to about halfway down twist; set aside.
3. Tint frosting to desired shade of green. Frost cupcakes. Insert tombstone in center, tree behind and a candy pumpkin in front.