Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Latte made at home

Don't you just love a good pumpkin spice latte. I know I do, but at 4.00 a whack it can get expensive. I found this recipe at a year of crockpoting.


Ingredients:


2 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 T canned pumpkin
2 T white sugar
2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
garnish with whipped cream (optional)

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. Pin It

1 comment:

Susie Homemaker said...

My cousin just sent the link to find you...this sounds absolutely devine! I have recently become hooked on Lattes....YUM! Thanks!

Blessings,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...